What is a Conservatorship?

When someone is deemed to be incapicitaed because of an accident, mental health and or illness and they do not have a Durable Power of Attorney appointing someone to take care of their property (Home, Bank Accounts, Retirement Accounts) the State of California has a legal process that decides who will take of your property and how it will be disposed. That process is called a Conservatorship. To ensure that this does not happen to you make sure that you have a Durable Power of Attorney filed and ready so that you control your property even when you do not have the capicity 
James Zakasky
An estate attorney who goes beyond drafting wills and creating trusts